Location: Portland/Beaverton, Oregon
Reports to: EHS Manager
Hours: This is an exempt position. Typically works days but may be changed either temporarily or permanently to meet the needs of the company. This may include working nights and/or weekends.
General Position Summary:
Use engineering principles to identify, recommend and implement changes to reduce worker risk of injury or illness. Assist management and employees to understand risk, and improve working conditions and practices.
- Develops, implements, and monitors company health and safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local health, and safety regulations.
- Performs safety inspections, main adviser to committee
- Performs Job Hazard Analysis and recommends/implements corrective actions
- Interacts with a variety of departments at all levels of the organization
- Conducts training in specific program areas (LOTO, Machine Guarding, Respiratory Protection, etc)
- Conducts new employee orientation training
- Conducts emergency response training
- Manage projects to completion
- Maintains safety equipment
- Maintains emergency equipment
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Minimum required education and certification(s):
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- At Least 2 years of experience where health and safety is at least 50% of the position.
- Any of the following: Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST), Safety Trained Supervisor (STS), CET, or equivalent
Desired education and certifications:
- CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor certification
- Certified in 24-hour or 40-hour HazWoper Emergency Response.
- Emergency Medical Responder (or higher) Certification or Licensure
- Associate Safety Professional or Certified Safety Professional
Experience may be accepted in lieu of education.
- Interacts with persons at all levels of the organization
- Interactions could be broad or very specific
- Contacts could include standard information or they could be very sensitive and confidential
- Meets frequently will all levels in the organization
- Contacts may be made with outside inspectors, such as OSHA, DEQ/EPA, etc.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Apply Online: https://tosohquartz.applicantpro.com/jobs/544177.html