Section Monthly Meeting Information & Schedule
The Mt. St. Helens section meetings take place on the 3rd Thursday of each month starting at 7:30am and concludes by 9:00am. The meeting is held at the Columbia Inn, 698 NE Frontage Rd, Kalama, WA 98625. Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at the Columbia Inn. Members attend free of charge, and are responsible for covering the cost of their own meal. Guests, and potential new ASSE members are always welcome!
The speaker schedule with topic for the 2016-2017 programming year is as follows:
- July 21st, 2016 – Speaker: Steve Darval – Mt St Helens Section Planning Meeting
Meeting minutes – 072116-approved-mt-st-helens-section-meeting-minutes
- August 18th, 2016 – Speaker: Nan Womack – Overexertion Injuries
Meeting minutes – 081816-approved-mt-st-helens-section-meeting-minutes Meeting agenda – 081816-mt-st-helens-section-meeting-agenda
- September 15th, 2016 – Speaker: Tony Sanseri, Majestic Glove, 2510 West Casino Road, Everett, WA 98204 (Cell) 206.499.6610 Website: www.majesticglove.com – ANSI/ISEA Glove Rating Standard Changes
Reference Material: http://www.majesticglove.com/2016CutStandards.pdf Meeting minutes – 091516-approved-mt-st-helens-section-meeting-minutes Meeting agenda – 091516-mt-st-helens-section-meeting-agenda
- October 20th, 2016 – Speaker: Edward Harvieux, Senior Account Representative for Oregon and SW WA, 3M, (Cell) 503.754.8190 and email: email@example.com 3M EARfit Validation Technology – Hearing Conservation Programming
Website: www.3M.com/PPESafety Hearing Conservation Seminar Invite: hc-seminar-invite-seattle-wa-nov-16-2016 3M EARfit Dual Ear Whitepaper: 3m-e-a-rfit-dual-ear-whitepaper_final-09-18-15 Meeting agenda – Hard copy provided at meeting, yet to post digital version. Meeting minutes – Draft not yet available for publish.
- November 17th, 2016 – Speaker: Pedro Serrano, WA Division of Occupational Safety & Health, Technical Services Safety Program Manager – OSHA/WA DOSH Electronic Recordkeeping Submission Requirement for Tracking Workplace Injuries and Illnesses & Regulatory Update. Meeting agenda – Not available Meeting minutes – Not available
- December 2nd, 2016 (6:00pm to 9:00pm) – Holiday Party @ Mill City Grill, 1260 Commerce Avenue, Longview, WA 98632
No speaker at the holiday party. There will be a short vendor presentation and an abbreviated section business meeting for December. Each member attending can bring one guest to the dinner party; meals for both member and guest will be free of charge.
Please RSVP by November 24th, 2016. Flyer: 2dec16-asse-mt-st-helens-section-holiday-party-2016-final
- January 19th, 2017 – Speaker: Dave McNiel, Foster Farms – ASSE Leadership Conference Update & Section/Committee Volunteering Opportunities
- February 16th, 2017 – Speaker: To Be Determined
- March 16th, 2017 – Speaker: To Be Determined
- April 20th, 2017 – Speaker: WA State Labor & Industries – Regulatory Update (Multiple Speakers – To Be Determined) This date may change, but will be in April.
- May 18th, 2017 – Speaker: Section Professional Development Course/Seminar – Topic To Be Determined from Section Survey Results
- June 2017 – Officer Installation; Date, Time and Location – To Be Determined (No speaker at this meeting)
Section Bylaws: 112014-approved-msh-section-bylaws-recent-chgs-in-red
Draft section bylaws: Approved by section on October 20th, 2016, attached version – 20oct16-section-approved-asse_st-helens-section-bylaws-changes-23-jul-16-ver-2 At chapter level for final review and approval.
The executive board meeting will take place immediately prior to the section meeting on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 6:30am to 7:15am. The location will be at the Columbia Inn in Kalama, WA.