Provide leadership over the Security and Emergency Management Department by planning, directing, managing, and implementing the team and department’s administrative activities, operations, and functions. Manages the administration and implementation of all aspects of operational security and emergency management programs to include, but not limited to, all-hazards emergency preparedness, response, and recovery; continuity of operations; contracted police and security programs; fare enforcement administration; security training for TriMet employees; emergency management training for TriMet employees and emergency responders; and security and emergency management related capital projects.
- Designs, implements, and manages agency-wide security and emergency preparedness and response programs, functions, and operations, security policies and procedures for employees, customer, and property;
- Reviews threat and vulnerability assessments and develops mitigation plans to address vulnerabilities; manages and evaluates all aspects of the agency’s security program to ensure efficient compliance and execution.
- Develops strategy to assess and mitigate security risks, and maintain continuity of operations during periods of disruption due to natural and human-made disasters to safeguard TriMet’s operations.
- Ensures that police and security contracts are executed within established scope, schedule, and budget.
- Oversees the development and delivery of security awareness and emergency management training programs.
- Oversees and directs the fare enforcement administration program.
- Serves as the Security Coordinator to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- Provides leadership with security advice and recommendation based on data, best practices
- Develops, administers and oversees department budget; makes recommendations and forecasts for future funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; reviews and approves department expenditures and implements adjustments.
- Provides support to the Executive Director, Safety, Security, and Environmental Services
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and reviews, the work of assigned staff; assigns work activities and coordinates schedules, projects, and programs; reviews and evaluates work, engages team members by fostering a positive, productive work environment and serves as an effective coach to encourage learning and achieve a high level of performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Emergency Management, Security, Business, Public Administration, or related field.
- A minimum of 11 years total credited experience. Progressively responsible experience in safety, security, or emergency management that includes a minimum of five years of supervisory and program management responsibilities in a medium to large organization.
- Three years’ experience in development and implementation of business processes and process improvement methodologies.
- Or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Ability to obtain Portland Police Bureau Level 2 background clearance
Selection Criteria Type of Position / Grade / FLSA: Grade 19, Exempt, Non-Union, Full-Time
Selection Process – Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of:
1. Application Review/ Please Include: Cover Letter and Resume
2. Panel Interviews
3. Reference Check and an ability to obtain Portland Police Bureau Level 2 background clearance
Supplemental Information Make sure you describe in detail how your education, training and work experience fit with this role. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and/or letters of recommendation with your application. You are permitted five attachments of less than 5MB each. Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you are a qualified veteran and would like to apply for veterans’ preference points, you will need to reflect your status on the application and attach supporting documentation at the time of application submission. If you need accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process, contact our Human Resources staff at 503-962-7505, or the TTY line at 7-1-1. Note that we require a minimum of two workdays’ notice prior to the need for accommodation. TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including veterans, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities.