At Leupold & Stevens, we work to create epic moments. Leupold.com/careers
We’re Leupold & Stevens
We’re 700+ Americans making innovative, battle-proven optics for the world’s most demanding hunters, shooters, law enforcement and military professionals.
We design, build, and test our products with a single-minded focus: to make sure they’ll perform forever. We’re confident, bold, tenacious, resilient, self-reliant and real.
We are American to the Core.
If you share these same characteristics then come join us!
As a key member of our company, you will work collaboratively with a group of passionate professionals to create a safe manufacturing environment.
As a Specialist of Safety & Health …… you will also be part of a dynamic team continuously striving to improve our processes and environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and oversees the administration of all environmental, health, safety, and wellness
- Responds to on-site safety or health incidents, evaluates urgency and responds accordingly. Identifies unsafe conditions and behaviors and recommends corrective action. Investigates near-hit incidents and accidents and monitors to conclusion.
- Provides expert technical assistance to internal customers. Advises at the inspection phase of equipment installation and set-up to assist in review for safety, health, ergonomic and environmental principles. Prepares environmental, safety, and ergonomic evaluations and recommendations in support of new
- Ensures compliance with state and federal EHS regulations and record keeping requirements. Submits required EHS reports. Interfaces with regulatory agencies and assists during regulatory
- Promotes a culture of safety awareness through training and Company-wide communications. Champions EHS initiatives that identify root causes and eliminate potential hazards. Develops and implements safety, environmental and ergonomic training and communication
- Facilitates safety committee and ergonomics Partners with each group to developing action plans and goals.
- Oversees administration of the Emergency Action Plan including emergency preparedness, evacuation and coordination of emergency
- Works with Wellness Team to develop and execute annual wellness plan. Schedules ongoing meetings with Wellness Team to help support planning and execution of
- Researches wellness program trends and practices. Recommends, develops, administers, and tracks programs including biometric screenings, health assessments, activity competitions, on-site flu shots and mammograms. Coordinates annual Wellness
- Promotes a culture of total worker health through training and company-wide communications. Develops and implements communication and education programs and processes focused on safety, environmental and ergonomic issues, and
- Develops and tracks metrics and success criteria for EHSW programs and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a field related to occupational safety and/or employee health & wellness. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
- 7-10 years of experience in occupational safety and health including environmental program development.
- Professional certification (CIH, CSP) strongly
- Thorough knowledge of best practices related environmental and ergonomic issues and
- Ability to communicate complex issues with diverse groups including production employees, engineers, management, and regulatory
- Excellent and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills and experience facilitating
- Excellent detail orientation and high level of
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to coordinate multiple activities and liaison effectively with external carriers and agencies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel and
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve EHSW
Some exposure to chemicals and excessive noise in working environment. Capable of working within both manufacturing and office environments. May be required to stand for long periods of time. Frequently required sitting and use of computer.
Leupold & Stevens offers an excellent benefits package and an opportunity to work for a premier industry leader.
For details on positions and to apply, go to:
Leupold & Stevens, Inc.
14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway
Beaverton, Oregon 97006
- Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select the most qualified candidate for any job openings. Our selection and promotion decisions are made on factors such as demonstrated ability, experience and training without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
- With our commitment to make our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities, we will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for an individual applicant to participate in the job application process. To request an accommodation to the application process, please send an email to HRDept@Leupold.com or call (503) 646-9171 and a Leupold & Stevens representative will contact you.
- Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is a drug free workplace. All final candidates must successfully pass a pre- employment drug screen and background
- Leupold & Stevens, Inc. complies with all applicable FAR & DFAR regulations.
- We hire U.S. citizens and persons lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. All new employees must complete an INS Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9) and be able to provide verification of their status as a Non- Foreign person as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Section 120.14- 16.