Upcoming Meetings Schedule
Next Meeting: New Year’s Kick Off & Oregon OSHA Rules Updates / Electronic Recordkeeping & Penalty Changes
Presenter: Michael Wood, Administrator of Oregon OSHA & Bryon Snapp, State Wide Safety Enforcement Manager of Oregon OSHA
Description: Mr. Wood will give a brief introduction to the New Year and invite the members to renew the cause of promoting health and safety in the workplace and the importance we each play in that role. Bryon Snapp will then provide an Oregon OSHA regulatory update on the Electronic Recordkeeping rule as well as the changes to the penalty structure associated with vioilations.
When: Tuesday, January 9th (Meetings begin at 7:10 am. Ends approximately 8:30 am.)
Where: Comfort Suites
630 Hawthorne Ave. SE
Salem, Oregon 97301
Cost: Membership meetings are free for both ASSE members and non-members. $5.00 if you would like breakfast at the hotel breakfast bar.
Members and Guests, Thank you for being a member or guest of the Santiam Section of the Columbia-Willamette Chapter. We want to take this opportunity to invite you to our monthly meetings. Guests are always welcome. We would like to see more people at our meetings and welcome your input.
- Do you have recommendations for speakers and topics?
- Do you regularly attend our monthly Santiam Section meetings? (Why or why not?)
- If not, What would motivate you to attend the meetings?.
- How are the meeting time and location for you?
- What would you like to see the Santiam Section do to support the safety profession locally and you in your professional development? In the past, we have had an AED grant for schools, hosted Professional Development Conferences, hosted webinars, and hosted a CSP study group.
Please email your suggestions and comments to our Section at SantiamSection@cwc.asse.org.
Upcoming Meeting Topics
- January 9, 2018 (Topic: New Year’s Kick Off w/ Michael Wood, Oregon OSHA Administrator) & (Oregon OSHA Rules Updates / Electronic Recordkeeping & Penalty Changes w/ Bryon Snapp)
- February 13, 2018 (Topic: Tailpipe Safety: A Problem Solving Technique)
- March 13, 2018 (Topic: Ladder Safety)
- April 10, 2018 (Topic: Decision Making & Unconscious Bias)
- May 8, 2018 (Topic: Oregon OSHA Silica Rule for General Industry & Construction)
- June 12, 2018 (Topic: TBD)
- July 10, 2018 (Topic: LEAN Safety)
- (NO MEETING in August)
Available Section Meeting Minutes:
- Santiam Section Meeting_2016-10-11_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2016-11-08_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2016-12-13_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2017-01-10_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2017-02-14_Minutes
- Santiam Section Meeting_2017-04-11_Minutes
The Santiam Sections’ Executive Committee meets on the Thursday the week after the membership meeting each month. This is usually the third Thursday but is sometimes the fourth Thursday. Guests are always welcome.
We meet at 7:00 AM at the Broadway Coffeehouse, located at 1300 Broadway Street NE, Salem.
The dates for the upcoming Santiam Section Executive Committee meetings are:
- January 18, 2018
- February 22, 2018
- March 22, 2018
- April 19, 2018
- (NO EX MEETING in JULY)
ASSE Santiam Section Bylaws:
Available Executive Meeting Minutes:
- Santiam EC Meeting_2016-10-20_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2016-11-17_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2016-12-21_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2017-01-18_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2017-02-23_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2017-03-23_Minutes
- Santiam EC Meeting_2017-04-20_Minutes